Saturday, July 29, 2006

World’s like that

Sometimes, this world can be like a black man’s left ass- neither right, nor fair. Yeah, I know I’ve stolen the line… So what? Half the world’s ideas are stolen things… If Hedgewar hadn’t stolen Hitler’s idea of an army, would there have been an RSS… No. Simple isn’t it… However, m not here to discuss religious sentiments or the apparent lack of it… Even though I am thinking of plaguing you guys with that. But this is not the right time to do that…

I will though and I promise you guys that… And usually I am firm on my promises (usually i.e.). Anyways, so I was talking about the world. Yeah, the world is a rotten place to live in… People here change at the drop of the hat, and usually that change pricks you at the most inappropriate place… and you are bang on target in thinking which place am talking about.

U guys must be thinking, “It seems the devil has been pricked by someone today.” Here I will gladly inform you that it isn’t the case. I had a perfectly happy day at office… It was just today I was standing near the window of the Metro absorbed in my musings, that a thought suddenly entered my mind. Why am I a devil- a devil that doesn’t belong to any1 neither does it want to belong to anyone… What made me a devil like that?

I suppose I got the answer… My becoming a devil has everything to do with this world, which is becoming hell-ish day by day. And angels don’t survive in Hell, you need to be a devil to survive in Hell. So, I decided to evolve into one as well (Darwin’s theory of Evolution comes into the picture here).

Yeah, I know u wud say that I am pointing my finger at the world and forgetting that four are pointing towards mine… Yeah I know that… But ever thought why I am ready to pick up a fight with everyone? Because today everyone is fighting for their existence… U move in a Metro, there you have to literally fight with people to get out because on the other side, there is a huge wave of people coming in from other side, which doesn’t care that you have to get down. That’s why I am so competitive… I have to be… Otherwise, I am dead (Darwin’s survival of the fittest comes in here).

Yes, Darwin I fully agree with u… Darwin Zindabad.

3 comments:

Siddharth Sharma said...

like a true journo. 3 lines of content in a page long post. i call this devil's logic.

1. world is hellish.
2. angels don't survive in hell. 3. so i choose to be a devil.

the logic is apparently sound.
i don't agree with it. because it is reversal of cause and effect. this is the angel's logic.

1. i choose to be a devil
2. becuase i think angels can't survive.
3. everybody else does so and therefore the world is a hell.

thats the way i see it.

theres a feedback loop here and it is a little trickier than that i know, but thats how i see it.

so it seems that the statement

"angels can't survive"

is pivotal to the argument

that statement is true to a devil -they are the ones out to kill devils and angels irrespective.

by definition , angels don't care about survival. so that statement is a don't care condition for an angel.

so, angel's logic applies for angels and works too.
devil's logic applies to devils and works for them too.

everyone happy.

Siddharth Sharma said...

there is no reason why i must agree.
you must substantiate your arguments and earn the respect of your readers.

Anonymous said...

hey priya...!

Life can indeed seem hellish and does so more often than not..but hey that's what makes it worth living...i dont intend to lecture you on this for no reason over and above that we must all have these 'hellish' days..so all i'd say is that sunshine follows rain... pleasure follows pain...no pain ..no gain...( thats partly original...lolz..)
nicely written though...